Keynote

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Keynote

Postby Bruce Bosworth » Tue May 03, 2005 9:18 am

I bought version 1.1 in January 05. I was told at that time that this was the latest version. On AWUG's site I have noticed version 2.0 and update 2.0.1 are available. Apple's system requirements includes Powerbook G4. I have a Powerbook G3 400. Will the latest Keynote operate on this system?

AWUG also says that version 2 is necessary to be able to use update 2.0.1. From where can I obtain version 2. I cannot see it on Apple's site.
Bruce Bosworth

Keynote

Postby Bruce Bosworth » Tue May 03, 2005 9:22 am

My earlier posting should have asked: From where can I get version 2.0 and not 2.1 as written
Bruce Bosworth

Re: Keynote

Postby haumann » Tue May 03, 2005 3:00 pm

Bruce Bosworth wrote:I bought version 1.1 in January 05. I was told at that time that this was the latest version. On AWUG's site I have noticed version 2.0 and update 2.0.1 are available. Apple's system requirements includes Powerbook G4. I have a Powerbook G3 400. Will the latest Keynote operate on this system?

AWUG also says that version 2 is necessary to be able to use update 2.0.1. From where can I obtain version 2. I cannot see it on Apple's site.

While Keynote 2 will probably still work on a G3, I suspect it will take a G4 (with Altivec or the beefier graphics boards) to fully appreciate some of the new transitions. If you're Mac is a G3, then I would stick with the original Keynote application.

While the G3 PowerBook can be upgraded with a G4 processor (to get Altivec), it still has only an 8 MB video board, and some of the new effects require at least 16 (or maybe 32) MB on the video card.

John@was
haumann

Re: Keynote

Postby Dale » Wed May 04, 2005 3:02 am

Bruce Bosworth wrote:My earlier posting should have asked: From where can I get version 2.0 and not 2.1 as written

Keynote 2.0 is part of the iWork package. iWork includes Pages 1.0 and both are cheaper than Keynote 1.0 to purchase.

Cheers

Dale
Dale

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo