Missing Assistants & Templates

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Missing Assistants & Templates

Postby Josals » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:24 am

Hi

Ever since i bought my iMac I have been convinced that the assistants / templates folder were not fully loaded.

All I get in starting points are assistants for:
Business Cards
Calendar
Certificate
Envelope

The book says there should be others - birthday/gift cards, labels etc

As the software was 'factory fitted' I only have the standard repair disc - I have run this but no change.

When I click on the web tab in starting points to get new templates all but the business tab give a error saying the link is broken or damaged. It has been for some time as I tried fixing all thee issues a year or so ago.

If anyone here has any pointers on either of these issues, that would be great and thanks in advance.

Happy Christmas!!

Joseph

iMac 1Ghz PowerPC G4 17"
Tiger 10.4.11
Appleworks 6.2.9
Josals

Re: Missing Assistants & Templates

Postby Barry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Josals wrote:All I get in starting points are assistants for:
Business Cards
Calendar
Certificate
Envelope

The book says there should be others - birthday/gift cards, labels etc

In addition to those you list, my Assistants pane shows

Address List
Home Finance

The Labels Assistant creates a Labels layout in an AppleWorks database document, and is activated with the Layout > New Labels Layout menu item, visible only when the active document is a database. (I generally avoid using this assistant, preferring to follow the route Layout > New Layout > Lables..., then use a more hands-on approach to greating labels.)

There are 37 buttons, including one for "Greeting Card," in the Templates pane of Starting Points. The Greeting Card template is a Birthday card.

As the software was 'factory fitted' I only have the standard repair disc - I have run this but no change.

When I click on the web tab in starting points to get new templates all but the business tab give a error saying the link is broken or damaged. It has been for some time as I tried fixing all thee issues a year or so ago.

iMac 1Ghz PowerPC G4 17"
Tiger 10.4.11
Appleworks 6.2.9

The link to the template document, and links that I checked on that page were all working when I checked moments ago (2:00-2:05 PST, Dec. 7, 2007). Clippings links have often been repported to be not working, but this seems to be mostly a short term situation.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo