Appleworks Sorting Snafu

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks Sorting Snafu

Postby Sliphorn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:26 pm

I have been using Appleworks for years and have the latest version. I had been compiling a database list for many years of dates that I have played as a musician. I have a chronological sorting list that worked fine until today. It put, at first one 1988 date at the bottom after the last 2008 entry and after I tweaked the problem date, there are now three 1988 dates that sort out at the bottom. I use the format of 1/19/08 and the offender is 1/6/88. How can I get this to work correctly again? Thank you.
Sliphorn

Re: Appleworks Sorting Snafu

Postby Barry » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:50 pm

Sliphorn wrote:I have been using Appleworks for years and have the latest version. I had been compiling a database list for many years of dates that I have played as a musician. I have a chronological sorting list that worked fine until today. It put, at first one 1988 date at the bottom after the last 2008 entry and after I tweaked the problem date, there are now three 1988 dates that sort out at the bottom. I use the format of 1/19/08 and the offender is 1/6/88. How can I get this to work correctly again? Thank you.

AppleWorks (or your OS) may be interpreting /88 as 2088, which would account for the sorting position. AW picks up the numeric format from System Preferences. Try resetting your System time and date prefs to "Always show century."

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo