How to reactivate the "swish sound" when e mail is

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

How to reactivate the "swish sound" when e mail is

Postby Eva » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:52 pm

In MAIL, on my Mac OS X, version 10.4.7, the swooshing sound no longer works every time an email is SENT. How do I restore that sound? I have already checked under mail preferences, and the settings are correct. Please advise how I can get that swoosh sound back, to alert me that the email was sent. thanks, Eva Driscoll
Eva

Re: How to reactivate the "swish sound" when e mai

Postby Barry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:48 am

Eva wrote:In MAIL, on my Mac OS X, version 10.4.7, the swooshing sound no longer works every time an email is SENT. How do I restore that sound? I have already checked under mail preferences, and the settings are correct. Please advise how I can get that swoosh sound back, to alert me that the email was sent. thanks, Eva Driscoll

Hi Eva,

As the forum name would suggest, this is a forum for help with Apple's productivity application "AppleWorks."

Mail sound settings are in Mail Preferences > General. Sound must also be turned on (using the sound keys on your keyboard) to hear Mail sounds as well as any other sounds. If both those settings are correct, I'd suggest visiting Apple Discussions (discussions.apple.com) and posting your question in the Mail and Address Book forum in the Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger area.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo