Appleworks CD

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks CD

Postby brucep » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:39 am

This is sort of a basic question, but I couldn't find anywhere on the site with the answer. I've misplaced my CD of Appleworks and want to reinstall Appleworks on my new computer. How do I get a replacement CD?
brucep

Re: Appleworks CD

Postby Barry » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:14 pm

brucep wrote:This is sort of a basic question, but I couldn't find anywhere on the site with the answer. I've misplaced my CD of Appleworks and want to reinstall Appleworks on my new computer. How do I get a replacement CD?

Hi Bruce,

This depends on what model Mac you are using and how you originally obtained AppleWorks.

If your computer is a pre-intel consumer model, AppleWorks was bundled with the machines, and can be found on the original installation disks that came with the computer. If you have lost those disks, you can get a replacement set from Apple. Call 1-800-SOS-APPL if you're in the United States or Canada, and ask for a replacement. There will be a charge, and you will be asked for the serial number of the computer.

If you originally bought a retail version of AppleWorks, the only route to replacement is to locate and buy a replacement copy. Hardcore Mac is one possible source for AW 6.2.4 (which can be updated to 6.2.9 after installation). eBay and other similar sites regularly carry listings for AW 6 (search for both AppleWorks and Apple Works as some sellers include a space in their listings).

The other question that arises, of course is whether it is necessary to reinstall AppleWorks. If the application is still on your machine, the answer is usually "no".

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo