Appleworks doesn't launch in Leopard (10.5.2)

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks doesn't launch in Leopard (10.5.2)

Postby rreabold » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Sorry to start a new post on this, but this may be my last chance to get AWks to operate for me. I have no items in the recent folder and I've deleted just about everything that one can delete (this could be a problem as well). The most recent error message that i get is:

The application "Appleworks" could not be launched because of a shared library error:
"<AppleWorks><MW_MSL.PPC.Shlb><InterfaceLib><>"

Any help would be appreciated (I love this program, I hate t see it abandoned)
rreabold

Re: Appleworks doesn't launch in Leopard (10.5.2)

Postby Peggy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:29 pm

rreabold wrote:Sorry to start a new post on this, but this may be my last chance to get AWks to operate for me. I have no items in the recent folder and I've deleted just about everything that one can delete (this could be a problem as well). The most recent error message that i get is:

The application "Appleworks" could not be launched because of a shared library error:

I think this problem is addressed in this user tip on Apple's Discussions.
Peggy

Postby rreabold » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:13 pm

Peggy wrote:
rreabold wrote:Sorry to start a new post on this, but this may be my last chance to get AWks to operate for me. I have no items in the recent folder and I've deleted just about everything that one can delete (this could be a problem as well). The most recent error message that i get is:

no joy. I followed the steps in the link you provided and AWks still won't launch. Any other thoughts?
rreabold

Postby Peggy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:47 pm

rreabold wrote:
Peggy wrote:

no joy. I followed the steps in the link you provided and AWks still won't launch. Any other thoughts?

Did you restart your Mac after "fixing" the misnamed folder? How about using Disk Utility to repair permissions? And don't forget to delete the AppleWorks preferences.

As I said at the end of the user tip, the only other recourse known is to reinstall AppleWorks. You don't normally need to remove the existing AppleWorks as reinstalling will just place a new copy of that misnamed folder.
Peggy

Postby rreabold » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:50 pm

never could get AWks to launch so I tried Pages. It's great. At least I have my word processing back. Good bye AWks.
rreabold

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo