Problems with Dictionaries on AW DVD 6.2.7

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Problems with Dictionaries on AW DVD 6.2.7

Postby Frederick Martello » Wed May 28, 2008 6:01 am

I recently purchased a new Macbook, iWork was included but not AppleWorks. I had an AW 6.2.7 DVD that I bought from the Apple Store online. Now, if I don't go to writing tools, and switch the dictionary button from main to user, every time I click on spellcheck, AW crashes. (First time that has ever happened).
Although I have clicked on the user button, as soon as I save, or exit the document OI'm working on, AW goes back to the main dictionary as if by default. How can I get it to stay on User Dictionary instead of main?
My Macbook runs on Leopard. My emac runs on Tiger. I had to reinstall AW on the emac also. I used the same DVD, and now I am having the same problem on both machines.
Any suggestions?
Frederick Martello

Re: Problems with Dictionaries on AW DVD 6.2.7

Postby Peggy » Wed May 28, 2008 10:53 am

Frederick Martello wrote:I recently purchased a new Macbook, iWork was included but not AppleWorks. I had an AW 6.2.7 DVD that I bought from the Apple Store online. Now, if I don't go to writing tools, and switch the dictionary button from main to user, every time I click on spellcheck, AW crashes. (First time that has ever happened).
Although I have clicked on the user button, as soon as I save, or exit the document OI'm working on, AW goes back to the main dictionary as if by default. How can I get it to stay on User Dictionary instead of main?
My Macbook runs on Leopard. My emac runs on Tiger. I had to reinstall AW on the emac also. I used the same DVD, and now I am having the same problem on both machines.
Any suggestions?

Sounds like corrupt preferences, especially since AppleWorks has crashed. To delete AppleWorks’ preference files, go to HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences. Find and delete the file com.apple.appleworks.plist. Find and open the folder AppleWorks in this Preferences folder, then delete all of the enclosed files (with the exception of the Button Bar Preferences if you have customized the Button Bars). AppleWorks will recreate the preference files as it needs them.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo