Default Zoom in AW

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Default Zoom in AW

Postby aw_dan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi.. I was just wondering if there is a way to automatically start AW's WP automatically in 200% zoom. I just upgraded to a 24 inch iMac and I've been selecting the zoom manually each time. Not sure if it is possible, but it would be nice if I could do it.

thanks,

Daniel
aw_dan

Re: Default Zoom in AW

Postby Peggy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:12 pm

aw_dan wrote:Hi.. I was just wondering if there is a way to automatically start AW's WP automatically in 200% zoom. I just upgraded to a 24 inch iMac and I've been selecting the zoom manually each time. Not sure if it is possible, but it would be nice if I could do it.

thanks,

Daniel

Sure. Open a new, blank word processing document & set the font, tabs, margins, spacing, zoom, etc. to your taste. Now save this document as a template with the name AppleWorks WP Options. It must be saved with that exact name & be in your Templates folder. Now each time you open a new WP document it will have these characteristics.

This technique works in AppleWorks and ClarisWorks. Just change the word "AppleWorks" to "ClarisWorks" for use in ClarisWorks & it must be created in the version you will use it in. I'm not sure how far back in ClarisWorks versions it works. At least ClarisWorks 4 & probably ClarisWorks 3. ClarisWorks 2 & 1 are too long ago for my old brain.

You can also do this for other types of AW/CW documents. Just substitute SS, DB, DR or PT for WP.
Peggy

Re: Default Zoom in AW

Postby aw_dan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:17 pm

Wonderful! Thank you very much!
aw_dan

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo