change in keyboard

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

change in keyboard

Postby alm53 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:06 pm

I have some word processing templates which I created. Letterheads etc.
When I tried to modify them by adding my e-mail address, the template refused to accept the new text and opened an error window to reopen, close, or send message to Apple. I send messages to Apple, but no response and I don't expect any more.
I discovered that I had created the templates with a "U.S. Standard" keyboard and was trying to modify the template using "U.S. Extended" keyboard. [see flag icon in menu bar at top of screen] I have a PPC processor and OSX 10.4; AW 6.2.
I haven't found info on different keyboards. I assumed the extended keyboard was a standard keyboard plus some features [unknown]. Apparently the "standard" and "extended" keyboards are incompatible. When I reverted to "U.S. Standard", I was able to edit my templates.
alm53

Re: change in keyboard

Postby Peggy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:26 pm

alm53 wrote:I have some word processing templates which I created. Letterheads etc.
When I tried to modify them by adding my e-mail address, the template refused to accept the new text and opened an error window to reopen, close, or send message to Apple. I send messages to Apple, but no response and I don't expect any more.
I discovered that I had created the templates with a "U.S. Standard" keyboard and was trying to modify the template using "U.S. Extended" keyboard. [see flag icon in menu bar at top of screen] I have a PPC processor and OSX 10.4; AW 6.2.
I haven't found info on different keyboards. I assumed the extended keyboard was a standard keyboard plus some features [unknown]. Apparently the "standard" and "extended" keyboards are incompatible. When I reverted to "U.S. Standard", I was able to edit my templates.

AppleWorks cannot use an extended keyboard layout. The extended keyboard layouts use Unicode which cause AppleWorks to crash.
Peggy

keyboards

Postby alm53 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:17 am

thanks
alm53

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo