newsletter

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

newsletter

Postby lisag » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:12 pm

hey there...

i've just created a newsletter in appleworks...it has links in the body...i want to email this newsletter to clients however when i attach it to an email the links are there, in fact they don't even work...all that attaches to the email is one giant image of the newsletter...

so, how i create a newsletter complete with links and a link to my email address for clients to click on to automatically send me a response?...is this even possible with appleworks?...

thanks...

lisa g.
lisag

Re: newsletter

Postby Barry » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:28 am

lisag wrote:i've just created a newsletter in appleworks...it has links in the body...i want to email this newsletter to clients however when i attach it to an email the links are there, in fact they don't even work...all that attaches to the email is one giant image of the newsletter...

so, how i create a newsletter complete with links and a link to my email address for clients to click on to automatically send me a response?...is this even possible with appleworks?...

Hi Lisa,

How are you attaching the file?

Links in emailed AppleWorks documents will work on IF the document is mailed as and attached (not embedded) AppleWorks file, AND the file is opened with AppleWorks at the receiving end.

Mail (and other email applications) regognize web addresses (URLs) and will automatically treat them as links if the URL is part of teh Text in the message.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo