Thank You Peggy and Thank You Barry

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Thank You Peggy and Thank You Barry

Postby Carl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:43 pm

I wish to thank both of you for your time and knowledge on my behalf.

It seems both of you may know more about this than AppleCare's team :-) They should hire you as a team.

Barry, I took your advice and checked out Hardcoremac. They do have AppleWorks 6.2.4 sale at $49.99 There system requirements stated, "...it runs Mac OS X through 10.5"

The last two steps sound simple enough. First, install AppleWorks 6.2.4 Second, install AppleWorks 6.2.9 updater. DONE!
Carl

Re: Thank You Peggy and Thank You Barry

Postby Barry » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:46 am

Carl wrote:I wish to thank both of you for your time and knowledge on my behalf.

It seems both of you may know more about this than AppleCare's team :-) They should hire you as a team.

Barry, I took your advice and checked out Hardcoremac. They do have AppleWorks 6.2.4 sale at $49.99 There system requirements stated, "...it runs Mac OS X through 10.5"

The last two steps sound simple enough. First, install AppleWorks 6.2.4 Second, install AppleWorks 6.2.9 updater. DONE!

Thanks for the update on Hardcore Mac. I hadn't been to the site recently and didn't know if they still had AW 6.2.4 in stock.

As for knowing "more (about AppleWorks) than the Applecare team," that's quite possible. Apple has declared EOL for AppleWorks, meaning they no longer sell or support it. That lack of support probably includes a lack of any training in AppleWorks for the current support staff. You might get lucky and hit an old hand who still knows something, but your better bet is to rely on Use to User support through forums like this one.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo