Error 10660?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Error 10660?

Postby Sandy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Help, please. My son revamped my MacBook and when we restarted it Appleworks was gone. All of my recipes are saved in Applework files, so now I can't open them. When I try to open them I get a message stating The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code-10660) Has anyone else had this problem? My son seems to think the recipes will open in Word, but they don't. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sandy

Re: Error 10660?

Postby Barry » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Sandy wrote:Help, please. My son revamped my MacBook and when we restarted it Appleworks was gone. All of my recipes are saved in Applework files, so now I can't open them. When I try to open them I get a message stating The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code-10660) Has anyone else had this problem? My son seems to think the recipes will open in Word, but they don't. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Sandy,

This chart from Apple's Developer site identifies a -10660 error as meaning the application you are trying to open is in the Trash. Drag it (and the whole AppleWorks 6 folder that contains it) back to your Applications folder.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo