Appleworks & IWork

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks & IWork

Postby william macdonald » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:42 am

My wife has been keeping all our household records in separate pages in AppleWorks. They are all in a file on the desktop. When she tried to open each page the files were put into "Terminal".We now find that our AppleWorks
application is gone & is not in trash.
I have installed I Works but have not been able to recover anything
Help
william macdonald

Re: Appleworks & IWork

Postby Barry » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:57 pm

william macdonald wrote:My wife has been keeping all our household records in separate pages in AppleWorks. They are all in a file on the desktop. When she tried to open each page the files were put into "Terminal".We now find that our AppleWorks
application is gone & is not in trash.
I have installed I Works but have not been able to recover anything
Help

Hi William,

You may be able to reinstall AppleWorks (if necessary) from the original install disks that came with the computer. What model? And what version of AppleWorks did you have on it?

IWork (no s) will open only AppleWorks 6 documents, and only word processing, presentation and spreadsheet documents made by that version. You may need to add the .cwk suffix to the file name if it has not been added by AppleWorks.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Appleworks & IWork

Postby william macdonald » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi Barry:

Thanks for the info. re my problem.
I have moved all the files ( one at a time ) from
" Terminal " to Text Edit, selected them , cut, opened word processing in Pages & pasted the items selected. I now have all records restored. Thanks.

Regard,
William
william macdonald

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo