AppleWorks clippings internet search

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

AppleWorks clippings internet search

Postby arobtek » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:41 pm

I have used AppleWorks for years and always been pleased. Several of us in our school system are currently having trouble with the internet search for clippings. The search looks like it is connecting to the server and counts the number of items found, but doesn't download them. I have read where several other users had the same problem. Has an answer been found yet? I have already deleted the AppleWorks preferences and restarted my computer with no success.
Thanks,
AR
arobtek

Re: AppleWorks clippings internet search

Postby Barry » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:34 am

arobtek wrote:I have used AppleWorks for years and always been pleased. Several of us in our school system are currently having trouble with the internet search for clippings. The search looks like it is connecting to the server and counts the number of items found, but doesn't download them. I have read where several other users had the same problem. Has an answer been found yet? I have already deleted the AppleWorks preferences and restarted my computer with no success.
Thanks,
AR

There have been issues with the online Clippings since AW 6 was first released, but the main complaint has been that the servers were not available occasionally.

Yours is the first i recall where the count occurred, but the clippings didn't show up. If you're connected through a network, my guess would be a firewall issue. Check with your IT people; they may have tweaked the firewall recently and caused it to block traffic from the clippings servers.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Re: AppleWorks clippings internet search

Postby arobtek » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 am

There have been issues with the online Clippings since AW 6 was first released, but the main complaint has been that the servers were not available occasionally.

Yours is the first i recall where the count occurred, but the clippings didn't show up. If you're connected through a network, my guess would be a firewall issue. Check with your IT people; they may have tweaked the firewall recently and caused it to block traffic from the clippings servers.

Regards,
Barry[/quote]

Thanks for your quick reply Barry. Actually, I am one of the IT people!! We seem to only have this problem with our newest Intel duo core iMacs running OS 10.5.6. I wasn't even aware of the problem because I always use MS Word for Macs, but one of our teachers, who just received a new iMac 20 in, emailed me about it. She had been using an iMac G4 (goose neck) and the internet clippings were apparently working fine. This thing has 'tweaked' my curiosity button and I haven't found anything yet to fix it! I am always open to learn from others with more experience.
Thanks, Annette
arobtek

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo