selecting between just two fonts

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

selecting between just two fonts

Postby geppetto425 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:08 pm

About the only two fonts I use are Helvetica and Times. How can I put these two at the top of my font list so I don't have to scroll through the whole list every time to select them?
geppetto425

Re: selecting between just two fonts

Postby Dean M Aschenbrenner » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Geppetto:

Try going into the FONTS folder and renaming the two fonts you want either with several spaces before the first letter which should bring them to the top of the list. Another possible is to rename the fonts with several "a's'' + the name which again should elevate them to the beginning of the list.

I'd make COPIES or something FIRST in case this doesn't work the way way you want. Then you can 'reinstall' the fonts.

Blessings, Dean
Dean M Aschenbrenner

Postby Barry » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi geppetto,

Use your keyboard.

Go to the Text menu, click and release the mouse button to open the menu.
Now (with the mouse button still up) move the mouse down to Font, then into the font list to highlight any font name.
Now type "ti" or "tim" (without the quotes) to jump immediately to the Times font.
Press Return to select Times, or press the down arrow, then Return to select Times New Roman.

For Helvetica, you will need to type the first three letters if you have Hei (or any other font whose name starts with Hea through Hek) installed.

Note: This is a System wide feature, and works with all menus in the menu bar. It also works with the popup font list in the bar across the top of an AppleWoks document window.
Barry

Postby Dean M Aschenbrenner » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:16 am

gepetto:

GO with Barry's suggestion! MUCH less hassle! I 'forgot' about that part as I regularly use several fonts. His solution is much less 'dangerous' and far CLEANER than mine!

Thanks for the 'save', Barry.

Blessings, Dean
Dean M Aschenbrenner

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo