AppleWorks and Snow Leopard 10.6 compatibility ?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

AppleWorks and Snow Leopard 10.6 compatibility ?

Postby mhoutman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:57 am

in a few days we will have OS 10.6. can somebody confirm that it is compatible with AppleWorks ?

tia mike
mhoutman

Re: AppleWorks and Snow Leopard 10.6 compatibility ?

Postby Barry » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:32 am

mhoutman wrote:in a few days we will have OS 10.6. can somebody confirm that it is compatible with AppleWorks ?

tia mike

Hi Mike,

Anyone who can give you a definitive answer either way will currently be bound by a non-disclosure agreement.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby mhoutman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:51 am

so patience is the keyword here ? ;)
mhoutman

Postby Peggy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:27 am

Barry wrote:
mhoutman wrote:in a few days we will have OS 10.6. can somebody confirm that it is compatible with AppleWorks ?

tia mike

Hi Mike,

Anyone who can give you a definitive answer either way will currently be bound by a non-disclosure agreement.

Regards,
Barry

I have ordered my Snow Leopard update & it is scheduled to arrive on Friday, August 28. One of the first things I will check will be AppleWorks. I will post my observations here & in Apple's AppleWorks forum shortly after.
Peggy

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:15 pm

I got Snow Leopard on Friday, and installed it on an external with my Intel iMac. Then I checked here (which I hadn't in a dog's age) and it seemed nobody had yet posted a result. I just dragged over a copy of AW from the iMac's internal HD, and then tried booting it. The machine indicated it had to download Rosetta for it to work with 10.6. I clicked OK and it d/l'ed Rosetta, and then AW booted up quickly. I then opened up a large customer DB (1.6 meg), and it all looks good. I haven't done anything else with it, but thought I'd let you know.
WARNING: There zillions of printers that don't yet have drivers for 10.6. Last year I bought a heavy duty Ricoh multifunction printer and it's been great with 10.5.x. Now the external partition can only printer using the Gutenburg driver which seems a rather kludgey. Fortunately I can boot to the main HD, and "wait it out" until Ricoh posts a new driver. The main brands have drivers for many, but far from all, models. So do a full backup before you update your main HD to Snow Leopard. You may need it, if you need to print anything on as yet unsupported printer.
Patrick

tia mike

Postby mhoutman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:24 pm

hi patrick,

that was very kind from you. yet in the last couple of days i made the though decision to abandon appleworks (among other apps which were of the old days). (probably used as appleworks as it was started as clarisworks).

i will no use either iworks 09 or if necessary ms office 2008.

thanks again, mike
mhoutman

Postby Peggy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Peggy wrote:
Barry wrote:

tia mike

Hi Mike,

Regards,
Barry

I have ordered my Snow Leopard update & it is scheduled to arrive on Friday, August 28. One of the first things I will check will be AppleWorks. I will post my observations here & in Apple's AppleWorks forum shortly after.

I did a custom install of Snow Leopard to include Rosetta since I knew AppleWorks would need it. In my brief testing, AppleWorks continues to work as well as ever.
Peggy

re Appleworks and Snow Leopard 10.6

Postby ranscoyote » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:05 am

For database and spreadsheet I have no options in the print menu. I can't select "current record" etc. It will only work if I quit Appleworks and it will then work once only before I have to quite again.
ranscoyote

Spreadsheets in OS 10.6.1

Postby klemcoll » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 am

I have found that if you try to open a spreadsheet where the title contains a #, you will get an error. Just get rid of the # and all will be fine.
klemcoll

Apple Works working with Snow Loopard

Postby Chuck S. » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Works fine here with Rosetta which was installed when I upgraded to 10.6.

Chuck
Chuck S.

Postby Dean Aschenbrenner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:32 pm

tia mike

Mike:

I have been a user of AppleWorks FOREVER! I have been running Snow Leopard since the week after it came out and have had NO difficulties. I STILL rely on AW more than Pages as it does many things (like database) that Pages/Numbers can't. Enjoy!

Blessings, Dean
Dean Aschenbrenner

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo