Installing AW on a new IMac

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Re: Installing AW on a new IMac

Postby Peggy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Geert wrote:Peggy and Barry,
I notice that you insist on transferring AppleWorks from an old to a new machine by burning the AppleWorks folder on a CD and then copying it from the CD to the new Mac.
I transferred Appleworks to my new MacBook using an ethernet connection. Would this make a difference?

No, it wouldn't make a difference, I've done it myself several times. I still recommend burning to a CD to have for a backup to reinstall if you ever need to.

Just make sure you don't transfer/save the AppleWorks preference files other than the Button Bar preferences. Let AppleWorks create new, clean ones on the new Mac.
Peggy

Re: Installing AW on a new IMac

Postby Barry » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Geert wrote:Peggy and Barry,
I notice that you insist on transferring AppleWorks from an old to a new machine by burning the AppleWorks folder on a CD and then copying it from the CD to the new Mac.
I transferred Appleworks to my new MacBook using an ethernet connection. Would this make a difference?

Kind Regards,
Geert.

It shouldn't. The key is to transfer the complete AppleWorks 6 folder found in Applications, including its contents. AppleWorks will create any files and folders outside that folder as it needs them.

The main reason for suggesting the folder be copied/burned to a CD is that doing so provides you with a backup copy of the folder should you later have a need for that.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Previous

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo