Appleworks post Tiger Graphics Problems

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks post Tiger Graphics Problems

Postby gk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:16 am

Hi Guys,

I've just experienced a bit of a problem with graphics in Apple Works Drawing...
I use the drawing program for CAD and when ever I copy and paste objects it seems to group them as graphics - even though they also contained text boxes, ungrouping does not always fix the problem.

Also the OK button is greyed out on the View Scale when selecting custom.
This is also the same on custom rotate...

Let me know your thoughts, as far as i'm aware apple have released no newer drawing programs that contain the features of appleworks
gk

Re: Appleworks post Tiger Graphics Problems

Postby Barry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:12 pm

gk wrote:Hi Guys,

I've just experienced a bit of a problem with graphics in Apple Works Drawing...
I use the drawing program for CAD and when ever I copy and paste objects it seems to group them as graphics - even though they also contained text boxes, ungrouping does not always fix the problem.

Also the OK button is greyed out on the View Scale when selecting custom.
This is also the same on custom rotate...

Let me know your thoughts, as far as i'm aware apple have released no newer drawing programs that contain the features of appleworks

Hi gk,

I'm running AW in OS X v10.4.11, and haven't experienced any of these issues. But I haven't been using the DRAW section of AppleWorks much recently.

All I have to recommend is a couple of first aid maintenance items:

First, delete the AppleWorks preferences files.
Go to yourname > Library > Preferences.
Locate and delete the file com.apple.appleworks.plist
Locate and open the folder AppleWorks
Delete the two preferences files and the two Cache files in this folder.

Second, Repair Permissions.
Go to Applications > Utilities
launch Disk Utility.
Click First Aid (if not already selected), then click the icon for your startup drive.
Click Repair Permissions.
Wait until the process is completed.

Third (optional, but generally useful), clean up the Recent Items Folder.
Go to yourname > Documents > AppleWorks User Data > Starting Poiints > Recent Items.
Delete all or most of the items in this folder. (The items are aliases to files saved by AppleWorks. Deleting them has no effect on the original files.

Regards,
Barry

PS: Have you tried the drawing tools in iWork? Many of the things possible in AppleWorks DRAW can also be accomplished in either Pages or Numbers. One often missed feature of Numbers is that a Numbers document from which you've deleted the (spreadsheet) table(s) is essentially a large blank canvas on which you can place shapes (including lines and curves), text boxes and/or new tables.
B
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo