Expanding AW file names -- possible????

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Expanding AW file names -- possible????

Postby job1970 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:54 am

Question about Appleworks file names. Is there is a way to make a .cwk file name longer than the 33 letters/numbers available. When I go beyond the maximum allowed, then I get the "gobbled" code.

Hope my question is clear. In some instances, I would just like to make a longer file name than allowed!

Thanks so much!

---job
job1970

Re: Expanding AW file names -- possible????

Postby Barry » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 pm

job1970 wrote:Question about Appleworks file names. Is there is a way to make a .cwk file name longer than the 33 letters/numbers available. When I go beyond the maximum allowed, then I get the "gobbled" code.

Hope my question is clear. In some instances, I would just like to make a longer file name than allowed!

Thanks so much!

Yes, and No.

You can make the file name much longer in the Finder, but AppleWorks will rename the file when you open it, using what you describe as 'gobbled' code.

The (AW word processor) file will open in Pages with the new longer name, if that's any consolation. ;-)

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Re: Expanding AW file names -- possible????

Postby job1970 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks! Yes, I already knew about renaming in finder, but then I got the "gobbled" name again when reopening. It's okay, I will survive! Just a little quirk that I thought maybe there was an easy fix for!!!

My life will be content putting up with the problem!!!

Thanks so much for your response! :)

jayne
job1970

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo