A/W SS converts to PDF

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

A/W SS converts to PDF

Postby Buttercup » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:03 pm

I am trying to print A/W SS's. When I click 'Preview' in the printer dialogue to see the document before it's printed it converts to a PDF and increases in size so that it spreads over several pages. I tried reducing it to 60% but it still becomes a PDF. I see by reading all the Help notes for Preview that if you open a Postscript or EPS file in Preview it's converted to a PDF. In the past I have clicked Preview before printing documents without them converting to PDF format. Why is this happening now? I've reviewed the various threads about where certain A/W folders should be and everything is in the right place.

I would sincerely appreciate some help with this. Jenny
Buttercup

Re: A/W SS converts to PDF

Postby Barry » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Buttercup wrote:I am trying to print A/W SS's. When I click 'Preview' in the printer dialogue to see the document before it's printed it converts to a PDF and increases in size so that it spreads over several pages. I tried reducing it to 60% but it still becomes a PDF.

Sounds like normal Mac OS X/Preview behaviour, Jenny.

Preview is essentially a viewer, and its native format is pdf. Anything sent to preview goes through the Mac OS's print drivers, which output the 'print job' as a pdf file. Preview shows you this file. This page (on Safari) also appears with a .pdf extension in the file name when 'printed' to a Preview. Preview shows it as taking three pages.

What do you see with your spreadsheet if (in AppleWorks) you go to the Window menu and choose Page View? Does it take fewer pages than Preview indicates?

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Re: A/W SS converts to PDF

Postby Buttercup » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks very much, Barry.

Selecting Page View made it easier to arrange so it stays together on one page.I'd overlooked that.( Booked for the brain transplant soon).

Jenny
Buttercup

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo