Scale by Percent and Format

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Scale by Percent and Format

Postby Frank Gomes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Since upgrading to Snow Leopard, the main problem I have with AW is when I want to resize a photo or expand a document either downward or sideways. Clicking on Format then Document, I often get a window with blank boxes to be filled in. Entering numbers matching what I have when the window opens correctly, will not work. With resizing, from the Arrange menu, opening Scale by Percent, I get a window with blank boxes. Filling in the blank boxes with numbers similar to what I get when the window opens normal, also will not work. The only way to get those two windows to open correctly is to restart. Is there a way to fix AW so that the windows open correctly with the numbers that I change at will?
Frank Gomes

Re: Scale by Percent and Format

Postby Peggy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Whenever you do an update of the system software &/or AppleWorks, it's a good idea to do two maintenance tasks, one for the system (Repair Permissions) and one for AppleWorks (delete preferences).

To Repair permissions, launch Disk Utility, found in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder then Repair Disk Permissions.

To delete AppleWorks' preference files, go to HD > Users > Library > Preferences & delete the file com.apple.appleworks.plist. Then, in this same Preferences folder, find and open the folder AppleWorks Preferences, then delete all of the enclosed files (except the Button Bar Preferences if you have customized the Button Bars). AppleWorks will recreate the preference files as it needs them.

Please post back if this doesn't solve the problem.
Peggy

Re: Scale by Percent and Format

Postby Frank Gomes » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Peggy,
Thank you for replying to my problem. I did the steps you recommended and so far they seem to be working. I had done this in the past without getting the wanted results. I've also been having printer and memory problems lately so I also did a "command, option, P, R restart. So far now the Percent and Document selections are working. Usually after a restart those will work for a while then quit. So far they haven't quit. I will keep you posted.
I will write back in a week or so to let you know if they are still working.
Once again, thank you for your help. It's really appreciated.
Frank
Frank Gomes

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo