Is AppleWorks for Windows Abandon ware?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Is AppleWorks for Windows Abandon ware?

Postby wonderzebra » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:12 am

Hi, I was wondering if AppleWorks for windows had reached abandon ware status?

If not;

1) If you own a original Mac install cd of Appleworks, does that contain a windows copy on the cd or was that a seperate disk? If it was not on the disk and its only a Mac copy, could you download a bootleg windows copy and install.

1a) I'm led to believe some cd's were dual format for installing AppleWorks, the cd let you install on mac or windows; can someone confirm that or verify the history of cd releases?

2) If you choose to use a bootleg copy, can you purchase a license or can you buy a copy of iWork 09 and qualify for a downgrade.

3) If you lost your original install media and documentation can you use a bootleg copy as a backup?

Thanks for your help =3

WZ
wonderzebra

Re: Is AppleWorks for Windows Abandon ware?

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:44 am

wonderzebra wrote:Hi, I was wondering if AppleWorks for windows had reached abandon ware status?

If not;

1) If you own a original Mac install cd of Appleworks, does that contain a windows copy on the cd or was that a seperate disk? If it was not on the disk and its only a Mac copy, could you download a bootleg windows copy and install.

1a) I'm led to believe some cd's were dual format for installing AppleWorks, the cd let you install on mac or windows; can someone confirm that or verify the history of cd releases?

2) If you choose to use a bootleg copy, can you purchase a license or can you buy a copy of iWork 09 and qualify for a downgrade.

3) If you lost your original install media and documentation can you use a bootleg copy as a backup?

Thanks for your help =3

WZ

This sort of discussion opens a a big legal vs moral "can of worms." I won't add to that "can" and restrict myself only to what I can confirm personally. The copy of AppleWorks I have does NOT contain a Windows version.
Tim
AWUG/iWUG Webmaster
Tim

Re: Is AppleWorks for Windows Abandon ware?

Postby chipz311 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:13 am

If you need a copy of Appleworks, you can buy a sealed copy from hardcoreac.com. They also have a version available which contains the Mac version as well as the Windows version. I'm not sure what versions of Windows it will run under, except it will run under Windows XP (Home or Professional). AppleWorks is End of Life, so I guess it can be considered abandonware.
chipz311

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo