applications comparable to Appleworks Painting function

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

applications comparable to Appleworks Painting function

Postby Juan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:07 pm

I am a fan of the AppleWorks "Painting" function. Since AppleWork is discontinued, does anyone know if there is any current application that would allow me to work in a way comparable to the Appleworks Painting function? Thanks!
Juan

Re: applications comparable to Appleworks Painting function

Postby Barry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:11 am

Juan wrote:I am a fan of the AppleWorks "Painting" function. Since AppleWork is discontinued, does anyone know if there is any current application that would allow me to work in a way comparable to the Appleworks Painting function? Thanks!

The only one I've actually used is the GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program), an application a bit more powerful, and with a steeper learning curve that the AppleWorks Paint module.

The GIMP is open source, and may be downloaded and used at no cost. It is not a native Mac application, and runs in the X22 environment. Because of this, it takes a little getting used to. X22 is available on the installation disk that came with your Mac.

Version Tracker ( http://www.versiontracker.com search for "paint" ) lists several others, mostly shareware, that may provide all the features you need.

Two that caught my eye were ArtRage 2.6 (shareware) and Paintbrush 2.0.1 (freeware), but, as I mentioned above, I haven't tried either.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo