Installing 6.2.9

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Installing 6.2.9

Postby harrymath » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 pm

I am running AppleWorks 6.2.4 on OS 10.5.8. When I try to update to 6.2.9 I am told that I need international English version AppleWorks 6 installed. Where do I find this version?
harrymath

Re: Installing 6.2.9

Postby Barry » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 am

harrymath wrote:I am running AppleWorks 6.2.4 on OS 10.5.8. When I try to update to 6.2.9 I am told that I need international English version AppleWorks 6 installed. Where do I find this version?

There are two English language versions of AppleWorks—US English and International English—and there are two English versions of the 6.2.9 updater. The message means that your installed version doesn't match the updater version.

All 15 language versions can be found on the original installation disk from which you installed AppleWorks, but you'd probably be more comfortable with continuing to use the version with which you're familiar. Both updaters are on this page:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ ... ormac.html

The International english version is at the top of the list at the center of the page; for the US English version (the one you want), click either of the Download buttons at the upper right.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo