Appleworks 6 with Leopard?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks 6 with Leopard?

Postby istari012001 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:10 pm

I know I'm a bit behind the times, but I'm still using Tiger. I'm about to update to Leopard (not snow leopard) and am wondering if appleworks 6 will work on Leopard? If so, are there any problems?

thanks,

istari012001
istari012001

Re: Appleworks 6 with Leopard?

Postby Peggy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Yes, AppleWorks will work in Leopard. It even mostly works in Snow Leopard. You may experience some oddities, though. With each update of OS X, AppleWorks develops more & more oddities. To make sure AppleWorks will run at its best, make sure you use Disk Utility to repair permissions after installation. If you are moving AppleWorks from your Tiger Mac using Setup Assistant or Migration Assistant, you will need to delete the AppleWorks preferences. To delete AppleWorks’ preference files, go to HD > Users > Library > Preferences. Find and delete the file com.apple.appleworks.plist. Find and open the folder AppleWorks in this Preferences folder, then delete all of the enclosed files (with the exception of the Button Bar Preferences if you have customized the Button Bars). AppleWorks will recreate the preference files as it needs them.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo