posting & editing address labels

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

posting & editing address labels

Postby AWH4MLS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:24 am

I'm having trouble adding new names/addresses. I can't seem to do it in BROUSE but it does work in LIST. Am I missing a step in this process or maybe it doesn't work in BROUSE anyway ?
Thanks for your help -- Monty
AWH4MLS

Re: posting & editing address labels

Postby Barry » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:22 pm

AWH4MLS wrote:I'm having trouble adding new names/addresses. I can't seem to do it in BROWSE but it does work in LIST. Am I missing a step in this process or maybe it doesn't work in BROWSE anyway ?
Thanks for your help -- Monty

Depends what layout you are viewing in Browse mode. If you are viewing your labels, and made the labels layout using the Labels Assistant, then each line of your label is a Calculation type field which concatenates each of the elements of that line. You can't edit Calculation fields in Browse mode (or in List view, for that matter).

If you look a little further down the Layout menu, you will see a list of the Layouts in your file. Unless you've renamed it, the first Layout in this section should be named "Layout 1" Choose that layout (in Browse mode), and you will be able to edit any field that accepts direct entry of text, dates or numbers.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo