Can Mountail Lion be DEinstalled and be replaced witLeopord

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Can Mountail Lion be DEinstalled and be replaced witLeopord

Postby Pebbles » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:44 pm

I am considering buying a used Mac Book Pro but it has Mountain Lion currently installed as an upgrade. Leapord and Snow Leopard disks are also provided.
My question is; can Mountail Lion be de-installed and Leapord reinstalled? will this allow Apple works to run?
comments are greatly appreciated - thank you
Pebbles

Re: Can Mountail Lion be DEinstalled and be replaced witLeop

Postby Peggy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 am

You would have to erase the hard drive & then start up from the Leopard or Snow Leopard disk then install the OS. Depending on what you do, Leopard is a better choice for AppleWorks, but it does run in Snow Leopard.
Peggy

Postby Pebbles » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:24 am

Thank you Peggy for your reply and your generous sharing of information. :D

I have now purchased a (circa 2008) Macbook Pro, of which, the seller (who was a programmer) erased the hard drive which had Mountain Lion on, and re-installed Snow Leapord (with the Rosetta patch).
Appleworks now works, and I have access to my old documents.

thank you again for your reply.
Pebbles
Pebbles

Postby Peggy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:12 pm

I've been out of town for 5 days & just now saw your reply. Keeping an older Mac is my preferred way to run old software. I have a 2010 Mac mini that I will keep running Snow Leopard for AppleWorks & a number of other applications that can't run on any thing newer. I can access that Mac remotely from my iMac running Mountain Lion & get the best of both worlds.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo