Appleworks and Mountain Lion

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks and Mountain Lion

Postby dbldoc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm

dbldoc
I have already updated to Mountain Lion and did not realize that it wasn't compatible with my old favorite Appleworks. Now I have lots of folders and information over the last 20 years that I cannot access. :( I I have an old mac tower that is in storage. Can I install the 10.6 software and somehow transfer the files to that computer then convert them to the Pages format that I can then transfer back to the newer computer and open them with mountain lion? Any help would be appreciated. I of course have everything backed up on separate remote hard drive. Thank you. PS I've already received twenty lashes for not reading and heeding the info prior to installing. OUCH
dbldoc

Re: Appleworks and Mountain Lion

Postby Peggy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:30 pm

You can open AppleWorks 6 word processing, spreadsheets & presentations in Pages, Numbers & Keynote respectively. You cannot open any other type (draw, paint or database) of AppleWorks 6 documents with any iWork application nor can you open AppleWorks 5 or any version of ClarisWorks documents.
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo