Require Database Hardcopies

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Require Database Hardcopies

Postby ronmckay » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm looking for some kind soul to print out hardcopy of my AppleWorks 6 Database file (about 40 records if I remember). I live in the Toronto area (Canada). I can e-mail you the file and can either pick-up depending on location or have you mail it. Renumeration can be discussed. Thanks.
ronmckay

Re: Require Database Hardcopies

Postby Barry » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi Ron,

Is the issue that you can't print the DB, that you are unable to print anything, or that you cannot open the DB file in order to print it? I'm a bit far away (wet coast) to offer to print a hard copy, but if converting the file to a form your could open, or it printing it as a PDF would help, you're welcome to send it to me.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby ronmckay » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Barry wrote:Hi Ron,

Is the issue that you can't print the DB, that you are unable to print anything, or that you cannot open the DB file in order to print it? I'm a bit far away (wet coast) to offer to print a hard copy, but if converting the file to a form your could open, or it printing it as a PDF would help, you're welcome to send it to me.

Regards,
Barry

Hello Barry.
Thanks for your suggestion and offer. I'm now running Mac OS 10.7.5, so I can't open or convert the DB file to anything useable. So, I'm looking for someone who is still running an earlier OS X (Leopard or Snow Leopard), who can open and print the records to 8 1/2 x 11 sheets or, as you brilliantly suggested, print it as a PDF and send it back. Please reply with your email (or phone # or Skype if you do not feel comfortable posting your email) and I can send this across to you.
Regards,
Ron
ronmckay

Postby Barry » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 am

Hi Ron,

Received your file, printed to PDF and saved as a (tab delimited) text file. Should be back in your mailbox by now.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby ronmckay » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Perfect!
Thanks Barry, and thank you for being such a good member of the AWUG community!
:D
ronmckay

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo