AW database access

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

AW database access

Postby rr58noll » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:13 pm

A few months ago the logic board on my MAC blew and I was forced to purchase a new iMAC running Mountain Lion. Although the Apple Store was able to transfer all my files to my new computer I cannot access my Power PC files. I was running AppleWorks 6 prior to this event. I can through Pages and Numbers open my AW word and spreadsheet files, but I can't open the database files.

Anyone out there I could email DB files to who could open them and save as .TSV files in order for me to transfer to FileMaker, or as .tsv files to transfer to Bento?

I have membership files for 2 organizations that I maintain, and I am getting desperate. Hopefully, someone will be able to help me. I would be forever indebted.
rr58noll

Re: AW database access

Postby Peggy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:54 pm

I can do it. You'll find my e-mail in my profile. Put AWUG in the subject so I'll know the source of the files.

Peggy
Peggy

Postby rr58noll » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Thank you Peggy -- just got home from church -- the good Lord does answer prayers. Now just need to figure out how to get to your profile -- I'm a new member and still learning. Rachel
rr58noll

Postby Peggy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:57 pm

It used to be that the profile available by clicking on a user's name showed more information. It's not a good idea to post e-mail addresses in a public forum where "spambots" can harvest them, so you'll have to "pare" down my address to its useable form from this:

peggy_discussions (at) mac (dot) com

by replacing the 'space'(at)'space with @ & the other with a dot.
Peggy

Postby davidchristmass » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 pm

I was running AppleWorks 6 prior to this event. I can through Pages and Numbers open my AW word and spreadsheet files, but I can't open the database files.

Anyone out there I could email DB files to who could open them and save as .TSV files in order fo r me to transfer to FileMaker, or as .tsv files to transfer to Bento?

I have membership files for 2 organizations that I maintain, and I am getting desperate. Hopefully, someone will be able to help me. I would be forever indebted.[/quote]

>>I could hav e a go at it, but I don't have AW 6 and so I am not too optimistic at AW5 being able to open AW6 files, they kind of hoped I would jump up a step, but when I tried, I found I was better served by the original program, than the X version or 6 version.

Have your tried Maclink Dataviz? They usually can assist if not with a conversion, they sell import translators for nearly every file format? That would be your best solution, then you would keep your integity, and be sure no nonsense.a
davidchristmass

Postby Peggy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 am

davidchristmass wrote:I could hav e a go at it, but I don't have AW 6 and so I am not too optimistic at AW5 being able to open AW6 files, they kind of hoped I would jump up a step, but when I tried, I found I was better served by the original program, than the X version or 6 version.

Have your tried Maclink Dataviz? They usually can assist if not with a conversion, they sell import translators for nearly every file format? That would be your best solution, then you would keep your integity, and be sure no nonsense.a

I have no idea why you're replying to a 6-month-old thread. I did convert several database files for Rachel.

AppleWorks 5 will not open AppleWorks 6 files, no way, no how. MacLink Plus by Dataviz has been discontinued for many years. You might be able to open them in TextEdit & get the actual data which will be between a lot of formatting "garbage."
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo