Using AW via Screen Sharing

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Using AW via Screen Sharing

Postby DaveC » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 pm

I have used AppleWorks 6 with great ease and pleasure via Screen Sharing for several years.

But recently (I think with the installation of Mavericks on the “host” Mac), now when I choose a tool (square, circle, etc.) from the Drawing pallet, the cursor completely disappears. Prior to choosing a tool the arrow cursor is visible but as soon as I attempt to draw I can’t see where the cursor is. (Remember this is as seen on the "Host" Mac via Screen Sharing.)

I can use a mouse and keyboard connected directly to the old remote Mac with no disappearing-cursor issues but until now I’ve used this one-keyboard, one-mouse setup for the 2 Macs which is simple to manage.

Anyone have this experience and maybe know how to work around it?

Thanks,
Dave

AppleWorks 6.2.9
OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
Mac mini (2006_1,1): 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 2 GB / 100 GB

OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks
Mac mini (2011_5,3): 2.7 GHz Intel dual i7 / 16 GB / 250 GB & 750 GB
DaveC

Re: Using AW via Screen Sharing

Postby DaveC » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Or if you are using a similar setup (using AW on a remote Mac via Screen Sharing) and are NOT having such cursor-disappearing issues, this would be a helpful bit to know.

Thanks,
Dave
DaveC

Re: Using AW via Screen Sharing

Postby DaveC » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Another bit of info:

I quit Screen Sharing and launched Chicken, the open-source VNC client. I can see the cursor in AW on the remote Mac so this is a fix for me.

But I'd still like to hear from other AW/Screen Sharing users re. if they have this setup working (no disappearing cursor when using the Drawing function) or not.

Thanks,
Dave
DaveC

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo