Appleworks 6 Database Question

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Appleworks 6 Database Question

Postby skypilot » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:30 pm

I am about ready to scream. I sure hope someone can help me.

My American Legion post was donated a Mac iPro. It's pretty old - I would imagine at least 12 years old. It works fine for what we need it for. We rent our banquet facilities so we need to have a contract filled out by the renter. A previous AmLeg member (that has passed away) was the person that took care of the computer. Others were trained how to fill out the AppleWorks Data base form and print out the contract with all the pertinent info for the current renter.

Here is the problem - we need to update the contract and we cannot find where the original is kept. I have found exact copies of the contract on the computer and made a minor change to it and then tried to do a new contract. Those changes were not included in the latest contract.

I need to know where that contract template is kept.

(Don't have the Apple Works 6 users manual.)

Thanks in advance

Brian
American Legion Post 48
Hampton, VA
skypilot

Re: Appleworks 6 Database Question

Postby Barry » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:48 am

Hi Brian,

It's been a while since I last opened AppleWorks, but as I recall, all elements of an AW database were in the database document itself.

I suspect your contract is contained in one of the Layouts in that document.

Start by making a duplicate of the file containing the document, then work with the duplicate.

Open the duplicate.

Check in the Layout menu for the contract then choose it.

Confirm that it is the layout containing the contract, then press shift-command-L to enter Layout mode, where you can edit the contents of the Layout.

Make the edits you need, including moving the fields contained in the layout if necessary.

Print a test copy (to paper or to PDF) to check the fit to the page(s), then Save the copy

Once you've saved the copy you should be good to go on preparing and printing actual contracts.

Regards,
Barry

PS: the keystroke combination above may be incorrect. I don't have AppleWorks open at the moment, nor is it accessible on the machine I'm currently using.

If shift-command-L doesn't put you in Layout mode, try option-command-L (or go to the Layout menu and choose Layout)

To return to Browse mode (the mode in which you enter data): Shift (or option)-command-B, or Layout (menu) > Browse.

B.
Barry

Re: Appleworks 6 Database Question

Postby skypilot » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Barry,

Thank you very much for the reply. I will definitely try this when I get a chance.

Cheers

Brian
skypilot

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo