Keystrokes to define placeholder text.

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Keystrokes to define placeholder text.

Postby Warren Williams » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:32 am

Does anyone know the keystroke shortcuts to define selected text as placeholder text? The pull-down menu says ^-Option-Command-T, but I don't know which key Apple means with the caret symbol. And I can't find this command in their list of keyboard shortcuts.
Warren Williams

Re: Keystrokes to define placeholder text.

Postby Barry » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:35 pm

Warren Williams wrote: The pull-down menu says ^-Option-Command-T, but I don't know which key Apple means with the caret symbol.

Just a guess (I don't use iWork, so can't test it), but visually, ^ would indicate the Shift key, or possibly Caps Lock. Previous menus used an upward pointing open arrow to indicate Shift.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Postby haumann » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:08 pm

Warren Williams wrote:Does anyone know the keystroke shortcuts to define selected text as placeholder text? The pull-down menu says ^-Option-Command-T, but I don't know which key Apple means with the caret symbol. And I can't find this command in their list of keyboard shortcuts.

I believe the caret symbol is "shorthand" to signify the Control key.

John@was
haumann

Postby Peggy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:31 am

haumann wrote:
Warren Williams wrote:Does anyone know the keystroke shortcuts to define selected text as placeholder text? The pull-down menu says ^-Option-Command-T, but I don't know which key Apple means with the caret symbol. And I can't find this command in their list of keyboard shortcuts.

John@was

John is correct. I just tried it & was able to define some text as a placeholder with Control+Option+Command+T.
Peggy

Postby Warren Williams » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:12 am

haumann wrote:

John@was

Thanks, John. I'll thank you publicly when we publish the article Cathy and I are preparing...it's scheduled for the October or November AppleWorks/iWork Journal. It describes how to create docments such as multiple-choice tests with Pages.

So...we're now up to four-key shortcuts. We're going to need more fingers soon!

Warren
Warren Williams

Postby janine » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:07 pm

I just tried it - it is ctrl-option-apple-t and you have to have the text highlighted before you define the text.
janine

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo