Tab setting

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Tab setting

Postby SSteele » Wed May 11, 2005 3:09 am

I am trying to use the tabs in a new Pages document, and instead of the cursor jumping over 5 spaces, the tab key is acting like a space bar and moving one space at a time. I went into document inspector and tried changing the tabs there, but the tab key continues to produce the same behavior. Any help would be appreciated.
SSteele

Re: Tab setting

Postby haumann » Wed May 11, 2005 10:53 am

SSteele wrote:I am trying to use the tabs in a new Pages document, and instead of the cursor jumping over 5 spaces, the tab key is acting like a space bar and moving one space at a time. I went into document inspector and tried changing the tabs there, but the tab key continues to produce the same behavior. Any help would be appreciated.

If you press the tab key twice in a row, does the second tab also only move one space?

John@was
haumann

Re: Tab setting

Postby jbphil1 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:44 am

SSteele wrote:I am trying to use the tabs in a new Pages document, and instead of the cursor jumping over 5 spaces, the tab key is acting like a space bar and moving one space at a time. I went into document inspector and tried changing the tabs there, but the tab key continues to produce the same behavior. Any help would be appreciated.

I had this problem and discovered I had 'full justification' set for my text alignment. Setting this back to 'left justified' and all was well.
jbphil1

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo