Dual iWorks

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Dual iWorks

Postby agyth » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:41 am

I have just installed iWork '06 so I have Pages 2.0.0 and Keynote 3.0.0 in an iWork '06 folder in Applications. Trouble is I still have Pages 1.0.2 and Keynote 2.0.2 sitting in another iWork folder in Applications. I have to admit that the installation instructions do warn of this (rather phrasing it as a favour on their part) but it does seem a waste of space and what happens when iLife '07 comes along? More immediately, I would like to know if there is a good reason to keep both? If there isn't a good reason, then will someone tell me how to safely and comprehensively get rid of the 'old' with all its fancy bits?

Thanks

Alan Cox
agyth

Re: Dual iWorks

Postby Peggy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:13 am

agyth wrote:I have just installed iWork '06 so I have Pages 2.0.0 and Keynote 3.0.0 in an iWork '06 folder in Applications. Trouble is I still have Pages 1.0.2 and Keynote 2.0.2 sitting in another iWork folder in Applications. I have to admit that the installation instructions do warn of this (rather phrasing it as a favour on their part) but it does seem a waste of space and what happens when iLife '07 comes along? More immediately, I would like to know if there is a good reason to keep both? If there isn't a good reason, then will someone tell me how to safely and comprehensively get rid of the 'old' with all its fancy bits?

Thanks

Alan Cox

There is no need to keep the original iWork ('05) folder. I just moved it to the Trash & emptied the Trash. You don't need to delete the preferences or the My Templates folder as iWork '06 will use them.
Peggy

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo