Getting pdf from a Pages Document

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Postby agyth » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:57 pm

Or rather failing to get a pdf document from a mainly but not entirely text document in Pages 2.0. I have tried it repeatedly using the File>Export option and now following today's Apple eNews the Print>Mail PDF option. Every time I try - and that's a large number of times - Pages Quits "unexpectedly", darn it! If I remove both the illustrations and a text box etc leaving a purely text document, then I get a lovely pdf document but that's not what I want. I have "reported" my problem to Apple. Meanwhile, does anyone have an explanation or preferably a solution?

Alan
agyth

Postby JJ » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:31 pm

Try removing the Illustration and then creat a PDF file and see how that looks. If it is OK then the problem may be with the illustration. If it still does not look OK then try removing the text box and leave in the illustration. Following these steps will help to determine if there is a problem with the illustration or the text box.

What format is the illustration you are using? E.g. JPG, PNG, etc and do you know what application was used to create it?

JJ
JJ

Re: Getting pdf from a Pages Document

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:28 am

JJ wrote:Try removing the Illustration and then creat a PDF file and see how that looks. If it is OK then the problem may be with the illustration. If it still does not look OK then try removing the text box and leave in the illustration. Following these steps will help to determine if there is a problem with the illustration or the text box.

What format is the illustration you are using? E.g. JPG, PNG, etc and do you know what application was used to create it?

JJ

Thanks for that. The 2 illustrations are both jpg. The document also had two 'sidebar' textboxes, and 4 footnotes. I tried all sorts of combinations of deletion and eventually it turned out that deleting the footnotes resulted in a perfect pdf with illustrations and sidebar text boxes in place - except I've lost the footnotes. weird.

Alan

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo