How to remove Header/Footer from page 1

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

How to remove Header/Footer from page 1

Postby ericlafleur » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:33 pm

In Appleworks, a user could easily check off the box "Title Page" so that page 1 of a document did not have footers/headers. I have tried repeatedly in Pages '08 to do the same thing, but nothing works. I want to create a document where the first page does not have a header or footer, i.e. the footer/header does not appear until page 2.

I have tried "First page is different" w/out luck. I have inserted a section break in hopes that the footer/header would start on page 2, but nothing works.
ericlafleur

Re: How to remove Header/Footer from page 1

Postby Peggy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:31 pm

ericlafleur wrote:In Appleworks, a user could easily check off the box "Title Page" so that page 1 of a document did not have footers/headers. I have tried repeatedly in Pages '08 to do the same thing, but nothing works. I want to create a document where the first page does not have a header or footer, i.e. the footer/header does not appear until page 2.

I have tried "First page is different" w/out luck. I have inserted a section break in hopes that the footer/header would start on page 2, but nothing works.

First page is different only applies per section. Unlike other word processors I've used, Pages doesn't automatically suppress the headers & footers on the first page of a section. If you entered data in the header or footer on the first page, that will be displayed & suppressed on the remainder. To suppress it on the first page, the information must be entered on the second or later page.
Peggy

Postby ericlafleur » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:00 pm

I am still unable to "supress" the headers and footers. I can suppress and/or prevent the carry over of whatever text is entered into header/footer from page one to the second page of the document.

I need to remove, however, the footer and header from page one. I do not want a header or footer on page one. I would to "suppress" the header/footer box from page one.

Does any one have instructions on how I might be able to that as I did so easily in AppleWorks?

Eric

First page is different only applies per section. Unlike other word processors I've used, Pages doesn't automatically suppress the headers & footers on the first page of a section. If you entered data in the header or footer on the first page, that will be displayed & suppressed on the remainder. To suppress it on the first page, the information must be entered on the second or later page.[/quote]
ericlafleur

Postby Peggy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm

ericlafleur wrote:I am still unable to "supress" the headers and footers. I can suppress and/or prevent the carry over of whatever text is entered into header/footer from page one to the second page of the document.

I need to remove, however, the footer and header from page one. I do not want a header or footer on page one. I would to "suppress" the header/footer box from page one.

Does any one have instructions on how I might be able to that as I did so easily in AppleWorks?

Eric

Just like in AppleWorks, making the first page a title page or different, doesn't remove the header or foot boxes, it just keeps them from showing any content. That's what is meant by "suppressing" them.
Peggy

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo