Resize or Scale Down a Document Format

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Resize or Scale Down a Document Format

Postby RexinMinn » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:17 am

In order to fit the format of a booklet I need to take a spreadsheet document I've created and resize it so it fits on a 4x5 page.

I've tried making it into a PDF and resizing from there but that doesn't work. I've also tried exporting the file to Adobe Photoshope and resizing it from there, but the printout is terrible.

If I can't do this through Appleworks, I need to print out a copy of my file, scan it, then resize the scan, and this is something I'd like to avoid.

There should be a simple way of taking any document and printing it out in any size you want without losing the original proportions or any resolution, but I haven't found it.

If you can scale down an object, shouldn't you be able to scale down a document's format? If you have any ideas for me, please let me know.
RexinMinn

Re: Resize or Scale Down a Document Format

Postby Barry » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:42 pm

RexinMinn wrote:In order to fit the format of a booklet I need to take a spreadsheet document I've created and resize it so it fits on a 4x5 page.

I've tried making it into a PDF and resizing from there but that doesn't work. I've also tried exporting the file to Adobe Photoshope and resizing it from there, but the printout is terrible.

If I can't do this through Appleworks, I need to print out a copy of my file, scan it, then resize the scan, and this is something I'd like to avoid.

There should be a simple way of taking any document and printing it out in any size you want without losing the original proportions or any resolution, but I haven't found it.

If you can scale down an object, shouldn't you be able to scale down a document's format? If you have any ideas for me, please let me know.

Hi Rex,

I'm confused. You posted this question in the iWork Help forum, but in the question you refer to "AppleWorks".

In any of the iWork applications, choose Show Print view from the file menu. Use the slider at the bottom of the page to scale the size of the content to fit a 4x5 page.

In AppleWorks, press command-P to open the Print Dialogue. At the top of the dialogue window there are a number of popup menus, one of which should read "Copies and Pages". Click on that menu and choose Layout, then det Pages per sheet to 4.

This choice may depend on the printer driver supporting multiple pages per sheet.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Re: Resize or Scale Down a Document Format

Postby RexinMinn » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Barry,

Thank you. I will try this. I'm using both iWork and AppleWorks. The file in question is in AppleWorks but I'm considering moving it to the iWorks in case that might make this process easier. I will certainly let you know if your suggestion happens to work. I appreciate the time you took to help me out. I was a teacher in Milwaukee for 15 years. Take care!

Barry wrote:
RexinMinn wrote:In order to fit the format of a booklet I need to take a spreadsheet document I've created and resize it so it fits on a 4x5 page.

Hi Rex,

I'm confused. You posted this question in the iWork Help forum, but in the question you refer to "AppleWorks".

In any of the iWork applications, choose Show Print view from the file menu. Use the slider at the bottom of the page to scale the size of the content to fit a 4x5 page.

In AppleWorks, press command-P to open the Print Dialogue. At the top of the dialogue window there are a number of popup menus, one of which should read "Copies and Pages". Click on that menu and choose Layout, then det Pages per sheet to 4.

This choice may depend on the printer driver supporting multiple pages per sheet.

Regards,
Barry
RexinMinn

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo