Numbering facing pages

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Numbering facing pages

Postby pippinmac » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 am

I followed the instructions for numbering pages and succeeded. Thanks, Bernie.
However I help to publish our church magazine which has facing pages. I would like to have the numbers on the outer edges of the pages and not all on the left, :wink: or right hand end of the footer.
pippinmac

Re: Numbering facing pages

Postby Peggy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm

First you need to use the document inspector to enable Facing Pages. Then in the section tab of the layout inspector, check "Left & right pages are different." Now you can left-align the page number on the left page & right-align the page number on the right page.
Peggy

Postby pippinmac » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:44 am

Thank you very much. I have used Apple Works for 14 years and find the Pages manual not at all easy to follow. Pity they didn't get AWUG to write it.
pippinmac

Postby Barry » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:07 am

pippinmac wrote:I have used Apple Works for 14 years and find the Pages manual not at all easy to follow.

Except for using the Document Inspector instead of the Format > Document menu, moving the checkbox to a higher position, and dropping the word "Mirror" from the phrase "Mirror facing pages," this procedure is basically identical in the two applications.

Once you've caught on to the idea that The Inspector is where most things get done, you'll find Pages pretty easy to handle.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo