AW Labels

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

AW Labels

Postby bandlc4 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Pages says my mail label documents aren't word processing. How can iWork open them? They were made in the database part of AW as I remember.
bandlc4

Re: AW Labels

Postby Peggy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:03 pm

bandlc4 wrote:Pages says my mail label documents aren't word processing. How can iWork open them? They were made in the database part of AW as I remember.

There isn't anything other than AppleWorks that can open an AppleWorks database. You could copy & paste the database data into an AppleWorks 6 spreadsheet & open it in Numbers or save as a text file that either Pages or Numbers could open. If you save it as text, remember to add the .txt extension to the file name. AppleWorks won't do it for you & Pages or Numbers won't recognize they could open it without it.

As for doing labels in Pages, you could use a table with one cell for each label or as word processing with columns the width of the labels. Either way it will be tricky getting things lined up, so print on plain paper to test.
Peggy

Postby Judson Day » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 am

I figured I'd add to this by indicating that important Avery Label layouts from Word works. Maybe what we need to do is create a file of Avery templates. I can help by creating labels in Word, importing them into Pages and then save as a template. :)
Judson Day

Postby cowboy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Quick Avery mail labels for Mac OS 10.5 to 10.6. You don't need iWorks. A few Avery labels are built into the above Mac OS.

Click on Address Book in the Dock to open it >File> Print> Click on the drop down arrow, to the right of the Printer drop down menu>Style>Mailing Labels. Click on Layout> select Avery Standard etc.

cowboy
cowboy

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo