Pages Helvitica Bug

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Pages Helvitica Bug

Postby Frederick Martello » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Back in the AWUG Journal from Oct., 2006, I found a letter entitled, "How to Avoid the Helvitica Bug." The letter suggested upgrading to AW 6.2.9.
Well, I am now running Pages, from the iWork 08 Suite. I am experiencing a very annoying problem. When I am working on a Pages template, even ion the blank template, every time I Save, or switch to a new pages heading, footing, anything at all, Pages goes back to the Helvitica font.
I went to the Pages font inspector, and removed Helvitica from all my font lists, but it didn't help the problem at all. Does anyone else have this problem with Pages 08 ?
Frederick Martello

Re: Pages Helvitica Bug

Postby Peggy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Frederick Martello wrote:Back in the AWUG Journal from Oct., 2006, I found a letter entitled, "How to Avoid the Helvitica Bug." The letter suggested upgrading to AW 6.2.9.
Well, I am now running Pages, from the iWork 08 Suite. I am experiencing a very annoying problem. When I am working on a Pages template, even ion the blank template, every time I Save, or switch to a new pages heading, footing, anything at all, Pages goes back to the Helvitica font.
I went to the Pages font inspector, and removed Helvitica from all my font lists, but it didn't help the problem at all. Does anyone else have this problem with Pages 08 ?

Helvetica is the default for the blank templates in Pages. You will need to set up your own template, changing the font for all of the styles to your preferred font. While you're at it, set any other text atributes you want. Now, save this as a template then, in Pages > Preferences, select this template as the default for new documents. All of your new documents will have these settings for inserted objects, images & tables. Unfortunately, the settings won't apply to any other templates or "foreign" documents you open with Pages.
Peggy

Helvitica Bug in Pages

Postby Frederick Martello » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:26 am

It's Peggy to the rescue, one more time! Thanks Peg, I did as you advised, made a new Pages template, set it up the way I wanted, including the font. Then chose that new blank as a start up. It's working like a charm!
Frederick Martello

Helvetica bug in Pages

Postby [email protected] » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:31 am

I tried Peggy's tip, even going so far as to put a Table in the Blank Template that was formed with Georgia as the Font, and I replaced Georgia and Optima for all the other styles.

It seems to be working for my text, but each new table I open still has Helvetica.

How do I globally change my Table fonts?
[email protected]

Re: Helvetica bug in Pages

Postby Peggy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:59 pm

[email protected] wrote:I tried Peggy's tip, even going so far as to put a Table in the Blank Template that was formed with Georgia as the Font, and I replaced Georgia and Optima for all the other styles.

It seems to be working for my text, but each new table I open still has Helvetica.

How do I globally change my Table fonts?

My tip about tables only sets the size & wrap, not the font. You will have to select all of the cells in the table & change the style(s), then save the template.
Peggy

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo