Classic Brochure template

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Classic Brochure template

Postby Riti » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:24 pm

I am using the above to create a brocheure.
When I open a text box, there is a line around it. I want to remove that line.

Or is there any way to insert text with out the box. I know the box helps in alignment, but after everything is aligned, can I remove the box around the text
Thanks
Riti

Re: Classic Brochure template

Postby Peggy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:12 pm

When you select one of the text boxes the outline shows but not once you click elsewhere. The same thing happened with a new text box I inserted into that template.

Changes to the outline of any object is done in the object inspector (the square & circle icon at the top of an inspector window). You can set the stroke to none, line or picture frame. With line or picture frame, there are additional choices you can make. You can enable all of the frames & strokes “hidden” within the iWork & iWeb applications using this free installer.
Peggy

Postby Riti » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Peggy wrote:When you select one of the text boxes the outline shows but not once you click elsewhere. The same thing happened with a new text box I inserted into that template.

The line remains even when I click elsewhere.

Changes to the outline of any object is done in the object inspector (the square & circle icon at the top of an inspector window). You can set the stroke to none, line or picture frame. With line or picture frame, there are additional choices you can make. You can enable all of the frames & strokes “hidden” within the iWork & iWeb applications using this free installer.

I can't remove the line around the text box. A line is there even when the stroke is none. [/b]
Riti

Postby Peggy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Two possibilities I can think of:

The is box is locked. I don't think this is the problem because you wouldn't be able to make a change (even if it doesn't work) & none of the text boxes in the template have lines.

The Pages preferences are corrupt. Quit Pages then go to HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences & delete the com.apple.iwork.pages.plist, empty the Trash & then restart Pages.
Peggy

Postby Riti » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Peggy wrote:Two possibilities I can think of:

The is box is locked. I don't think this is the problem because you wouldn't be able to make a change (even if it doesn't work) & none of the text boxes in the template have lines.

The Pages preferences are corrupt. Quit Pages then go to HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences & delete the com.apple.iwork.pages.plist, empty the Trash & then restart Pages.

I would like to send the item to you. My email address is
[email protected], if you are willing to look at it.
Riti

Postby Peggy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:12 pm

I received the brochure & this is my e-mail response.

Simple fix. Turn off "show layout."

I also did a lot of "fine tuning" of the content. You may need to rearrange some content again.

Pluses at the bottom of text boxes means there is more content than can be fitted in the text box. Most of the time this was extra spaces, tabs & paragraph returns. You do not need to have anything after the last character.

When using a computer & a proportional font, do not use spaces or even tabs to align content. I changed your title text boxes to be center aligned. Use indents for first line indents. Even using tabs as Microsoft programs do is better than using spaces.
Peggy

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo