How to learn iWorks

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

How to learn iWorks

Postby [email protected] » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:21 pm

I know that in order to upgrade my operating system to Lion 10.7 I will have to leave AppleWorks behind. I'm thinking of moving to iWork rather than have to keep up with Micro$oft's "upgrades". But can someone suggest a book and/or video that will make learning Pages and Numbers a little easier? I learned the Apple2 version of AppleWorks using a soft cover High School textbook which a teacher friend gave me. It took things slowly and have plenty of suggested exercises. Is there a similar textbook for iWorks? I have the AWUG newsletter CD set but has anyone collated all of the iWorks articles?
Your help would be appreciated!
[email protected]

Re: How to learn iWorks

Postby Barry » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 pm

[email protected] wrote:I know that in order to upgrade my operating system to Lion 10.7 I will have to leave AppleWorks behind. I'm thinking of moving to iWork rather than have to keep up with Micro$oft's "upgrades". But can someone suggest a book and/or video that will make learning Pages and Numbers a little easier? I learned the Apple2 version of AppleWorks using a soft cover High School textbook which a teacher friend gave me. It took things slowly and have plenty of suggested exercises. Is there a similar textbook for iWorks? I have the AWUG newsletter CD set but has anyone collated all of the iWorks articles?
Your help would be appreciated!

Hi k'

First of all, there is no "iWorks." "iWork" (no 's') is a collection of three applications, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

Each of the three has a pair of links in its Help menu to two excellent references, the (Application) '09 User Guide, specific to each application, and the iWork Formulas and Functions User Guide, which applies to tables in all three applications.

Each application's User Guide provides an overview of the application and detailed information on how to use it in a fully searchable pdf file.

The F&F user guide is more of a reference book. It describes each of the 250+ functions supported in the iWork applications, and gives examples of how each may be used.

A thirty day trial of iWork '09 may be downloaded from the iWork page at apple.com. The only difference between it and the full applications is that after 30 days each application will no longer accept Save (or Print) commands.

Regards,
Barry

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo