Any graphics bugs in iWork?

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among iWork users.

Any graphics bugs in iWork?

Postby JE » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:24 pm

A few questions for those who regularly use all sorts of graphics files: EPS, jpeg, tiff, etc. Any bugs noticed (such as those in AW 6) or is everything wonderful? Any limitations on graphics file sizes or bit depth?

I also just realized that I occasionally remove graphics from PDF documents using the "graphics tool." I don't even know what file format those images are in. Anyway, same question: Any problem with those?

Thanks.
Too tired for grammar!
JE

Graphics

Postby emjayk » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:25 am

I am doing a newsletter for our user group. Have had no problems inserting graphics in Pages. I use mostly jpeg and have not found a limitation yet.
emjayk

Re: Any Graphics bugs in iWork

Postby The Odolite » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:06 pm

iWork~Pages uses two terms to refer to graphic elements. If the graphic comes from outside Pages it is known as an "image" and all information relating to that graphic, i.e., importing and such call it an image.

Once the image is brought into the Pages document then it is an "object" and the controls used to select, move, resize, mask etc are Object controls.

So what are images? At Macworld an iWorks designer told me at any media that is recognized and opened by QuickTime is an image to Pages. So if the graphic format a person wants to import into a Pages document will open in Quicktime, it will open in Pages.

Objects in Pages are tables and charts and shapes developed in a Pages document, and any imported graphic once it is properly imported, or maybe the proper term is inserted.

Chapter 6, page 110 of the Pages User's Guide mentions that in some situations it may be better to convert an outside graphic imate to PDF format before bringing it into a pages document. So pdf is a supported format.

hth Odo
The Odolite

Belated thank you

Postby je » Mon May 09, 2005 7:18 pm

Thank you for some very useful information!
je

Return to iWork Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo