appleworks not opening!

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

appleworks not opening!

Postby obey1 » Tue May 10, 2005 1:30 pm

I'm having a problem with appleworks 6.2.9 and i figured this would be the best place to ask.

Earlier today Appleworks was working fine, but all of a sudden I cannot open any of my Appleworks documents and the application will not open. When I try to open the application, nothing happens. It doesn't show it opening or in use on the dock or in my open applications, the arrow just blinks once under the dock icon for appleworks and that's it. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this? I'm running 10.3.9 and all my software updates are up to date.
obey1

Re: appleworks not opening!

Postby haumann » Tue May 10, 2005 3:35 pm

obey1 wrote:I'm having a problem with appleworks 6.2.9 and i figured this would be the best place to ask.

Earlier today Appleworks was working fine, but all of a sudden I cannot open any of my Appleworks documents and the application will not open. When I try to open the application, nothing happens. It doesn't show it opening or in use on the dock or in my open applications, the arrow just blinks once under the dock icon for appleworks and that's it. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this? I'm running 10.3.9 and all my software updates are up to date.

Have you tried to access AppleWorks in any other way -- other than through the Dock?

Depress (and hold) the control key and click on the AW Dock icon to bring up the contextual menu. Release the "control" key and select the Show in Finder menu item. When you now use the File >Open menu item, does AppleWorks still fail to launch?

John@was
haumann

Postby Guest » Sun May 15, 2005 9:41 am

obey1 wrote:I'm having a problem with appleworks 6.2.9 and i figured this would be the best place to ask.

Some people experinence Problems after they install the update to Mac OS X 10.3.9. The solution is, to delete all the items in /Documents/AppleWorks User Data/Starting Points/Recent Items

Postby guest2 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:11 am

This works Thanks!

Some people experinence Problems after they install the update to Mac OS X 10.3.9. The solution is, to delete all the items in /Documents/AppleWorks User Data/Starting Points/Recent Items[/quote]

Anonymous wrote:

guest2

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo