pasting a "record" into my database from a similar

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

pasting a "record" into my database from a similar

Postby vincev » Thu May 19, 2005 7:15 pm

I split a database into two database a while back.

a) what is the most effective/quick way to past a whole record from one database to another? Does this involves the list view

b) is there a fast way to do using .csv or .tab files

c) can I also paste a report style between databases?

thanks!
vincev

Re: pasting a "record" into my database from a sim

Postby Barry » Thu May 19, 2005 10:08 pm

vincev wrote:I split a database into two database a while back.

a) what is the most effective/quick way to paste a whole record from one database to another? Does this involves the list view

Open both DBs. Use List view, or a layout that shows all the fields you want to transfer. Select the record(s) you want to transfer (Click on a record, but outside any field to select the whole record--in List view, click in the empty space to the left of the line containing the record. Shift-click on another record to add it AND all the records between it and the first selected record; command click on another record to select it WITHOUT selecting the intervening records.) Copy. Select the target DB from the Window menu. Select any record (remembering to NOT click in a field). Paste. The transferred records will be added to the end of your DB.

b) is there a fast way to do using .csv or .tab files

Save as... Text. Insert the resulting file. This may be faster than the Copy/Paste technique if you're transferring a whoe file, but isn't for single (or a few) records.

c) can I also paste a report style between databases?

No.

thanks!

You're welcome.

Regards,
Barry
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo