Found good AW basic course

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Found good AW basic course

Postby ithanky4ever » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:19 am

i just took a course through the Internet..Local Community colleges offer online courses through something called "ED2GO"..

(Taking these courses do not qualify you for student discounts on Apple Merchandise..i tried !)

The course i took was named: "Introduction to Appleworks 6." find it at ed2go.com.
.I had to pay for the course. But it was well worth it for me.

I learned most of what i knew about AW,prior to taking the course, by the 'hit and miss method',.as well as coming to AWUG and doing my own searches..

Taking this course,however gave me some real concrete formulas for using the spreadsheets, help in creating databases..and Presentations.

I have such a high regard for the potential of AW now
.It really is a powerful program..and i believe more than adequate for whatever most of us may need from this type of Program.
AW was preinstalled on my ibook G4. I feel no need for any other Program..
AW is very fine.
hope this helps people.

This User Group is very fine also..Answers can be found here..more than from any other User Group pertaining to AW.Even Apple Groups.
( In My Opinion.)

cheers
thank you all
agnes
ithanky4ever

Re: Found good AW basic course

Postby seavent » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:50 pm

Sorry Folks, I checked this out on 2/9/2007 and they are no longer offering courses for any Mac programs. More and more and more and more and more it's looking like Apple stuff is good for the Internet and not much else. There just isn't anyplace to turn to for application support, and, for that matter, not much in the way of applications period.

Good Night & Good Luck,
Win

ithanky4ever wrote:i just took a course through the Internet..Local Community colleges offer online courses through something called "ED2GO"..

(Taking these courses do not qualify you for student discounts on Apple Merchandise..i tried !)

The course i took was named: "Introduction to Appleworks 6." find it at ed2go.com.
.I had to pay for the course. But it was well worth it for me.

I learned most of what i knew about AW,prior to taking the course, by the 'hit and miss method',.as well as coming to AWUG and doing my own searches..

Taking this course,however gave me some real concrete formulas for using the spreadsheets, help in creating databases..and Presentations.

I have such a high regard for the potential of AW now
.It really is a powerful program..and i believe more than adequate for whatever most of us may need from this type of Program.
AW was preinstalled on my ibook G4. I feel no need for any other Program..
AW is very fine.
hope this helps people.

This User Group is very fine also..Answers can be found here..more than from any other User Group pertaining to AW.Even Apple Groups.
( In My Opinion.)

cheers
thank you all
agnes
seavent

Postby haumann » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:07 pm

seavent wrote:... There just isn't anyplace to turn to for application support, and, for that matter, not much in the way of applications period.

Nice try.
haumann

Postby seavent » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi,

A follow up on my comment above:

I poked around a bit in hopes of finding an online course for using Appleworks and I did manage to find what looks to be a pretty decent Mac Course that allows you to buy individual modules on various Appleworks stuff as well as modules on a variety of other Mac Topics. Not sure how good this stuff is but it "looks" promising. To check it out go to:

http://www.teachmac.com/modulelist

Any feedback would be appreciated.

All best,
Win
seavent

Postby esuebrown » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:43 am

Hi Win,

I checked out the teachmac web site. actually it looks quite good . unless I am misreading, one can pay for each teaching module ( $0-15 per) OR pay a yrly subscription price of $49 period - for all of them.. If that is the case it really is a good deal. - or at least it looks it to me. I am gong to look into it.

sue

[quote="seavent"]Hi,

A follow up on my comment above:

http://www.teachmac.com/modulelist
esuebrown

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo