Mail merging between Address Book and Appleworks

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Mail merging between Address Book and Appleworks

Postby JP » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:28 pm

I'm trying to set up a mail merge driven invoice for my boss, but I can't quite figure out how to import Address Book contacts into a standard Appleworks document. I've been able to easily mail merge database information from an Appleworks database I've created, but is Address Book importing possible? And if yes, how would I go about doing so?

Thanks very much!

-JP
JP

Re: Mail merging between Address Book and Appleworks

Postby Peggy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:48 pm

JP wrote:I'm trying to set up a mail merge driven invoice for my boss, but I can't quite figure out how to import Address Book contacts into a standard Appleworks document. I've been able to easily mail merge database information from an Appleworks database I've created, but is Address Book importing possible? And if yes, how would I go about doing so?

Thanks very much!

-JP

You need to use a third party program to convert the Address Book vCards to text. Go to <a href=http://www.versiontracker.com/>Version Tracker</a>, click on the OS X tab & search for "address book." You will find several shareware programs to convert vCards to a tab-delimited text file which Address Book can import. There are also programs to go the other way - convert AW DB or SS to vCards (save your AW data as "text").
Peggy

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo