spreadsheet vertical gridlines won't print

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

spreadsheet vertical gridlines won't print

Postby Cyn » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:47 pm

I have an 8 1/2" x 14" page with spreadsheet on it. If I print as "draft" the vertical and horizontal grid lines show. If I print as "normal" all horizontal lines and only one edge vertical line will print. All other verticals are missing. Any suggestions?

Cynthia
Cyn

Re: spreadsheet vertical gridlines won't print

Postby Dawes Hill » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:59 pm

If nothing else you could take screen shots and print those.

Hold down the Control, Shift and Apple Keys. While these are down hit the key for the number 4.

Your cursor will change. Release all the keys and drag a rectangle around the area you want to print.

You now have an image on the clipboard just as if you had done copy. Open a Drawing document and paste.

Now you can print the image.

Earl Williams, Surrey, British Columbia
Dawes Hill

Re: spreadsheet vertical gridlines won't print

Postby Barry » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:24 am

Cyn wrote:I have an 8 1/2" x 14" page with spreadsheet on it. If I print as "draft" the vertical and horizontal grid lines show. If I print as "normal" all horizontal lines and only one edge vertical line will print. All other verticals are missing. Any suggestions?

Cynthia

Only general suggestions, as I've not run into this before.

1. Provide more information. Although it may not seem important, the machines (computer AND printer), version of AppleWorks, and operating system you are using could provide clues to what's causing the behaviour.

2. If you are using AppleWorks 6.2.7, download and install the AW 6.2.9 updater. AW 6.2.7 has known printing problems.

3. Visit the website of your printer manufacturer (usually www.companyname.com) to check for an updated printer driver. Download and install if you find one for your printer and OS.

4. Do the basic AW troubleshooting step of trashing AppleWorks's preferences files.

5. Post a reply to say what worked, or to give a fuller description of the problem and request further assistance.

Regards,
Barry

PS: Earl Williams's suggestion "If nothing else you could take screen shots and print those" will work, but will likely give you a lower quality print than you'd get using 'draft' mode. Screen shots have a resolution of 72 dots per inch, while the "standard" resolution of ordinary ink jet printers today is 360 dpi or higher.

B.
Barry

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo