Macros/Applescript

This forum is a self-help system for the exchange of ideas among AppleWorks users.

Macros/Applescript

Postby Ken Tickell » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:32 pm

Before I moved up to OSX I had two very useful macros I used in AppleWorks. The first prepared a spreadsheet for printing after selecting the desired range of cells. It then

selected Page view from the Window menu
selected Print range from the Options menu
selected Display... from the Option menu, and unchecked Column headings and Row headings

The second was simply a macro for Paste Special and selecting paste values only.

Both of these I used routinely in my work and would be glad to be told if they can be recreated in Applescript? Any why were the macros removed from the OSX version anyway??
Ken Tickell

Re: Macros/Applescript

Postby haumann » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:43 pm

Ken Tickell wrote:Before I moved up to OSX I had two very useful macros I used in AppleWorks. The first prepared a spreadsheet for printing after selecting the desired range of cells. It then

selected Page view from the Window menu
selected Print range from the Options menu
selected Display... from the Option menu, and unchecked Column headings and Row headings

The second was simply a macro for Paste Special and selecting paste values only.

Both of these I used routinely in my work and would be glad to be told if they can be recreated in Applescript? Any why were the macros removed from the OSX version anyway??

Ken,

If you have Classic installed, you can have your macros in AppleWorks. The "Classic" version of AppleWorks is in a folder named "Classic" inside the AW application bundle, and it lets you record and play macros like you did before OS X.

John@was
haumann

Return to AppleWorks Help

AppleWorks Users Group Logo iWork Users Group Logo